Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Big Helper

When my boys were little, I used to read about how to start your children early helping in the house, but I never had much luck.  I now realize where I went wrong - they were boys, not girls!  Three year old boys are pretty much an extension of the tornado that is the two year old boy.  Three year old girls, however, are almost human.  And at least mine seems to genuinely enjoy being helpful.  Now don't get me wrong, I love my boys, and now that they are 7 and 6 they are genuinely sweet and helpful, but my daughter continues to amaze me.  Case in point: I sat down to fold towels this afternoon and asked if she would like to help.  "Of course, Mommy!", she tells me, and proceeds to do this.



She folded washcloths, dish rags, and burp cloths while I did the big stuff.  She loves to match socks and unload the silverware, too, and I daresay she is better than some adults at separating the different sized forks and spoons :-). She also sat playing with Rachel this morning for a good half hour while I cleaned upstairs.  Speaking of Rachel, what is it about these things that are so irresistible?!


The baby is crawling...lock up the Legos and the doorstops.

2 comments:

  1. Awww E is just a sweetie pie. No two ways about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.... she rocks! You know, if she's looking to pick up some extra 'sock matching' hours, I've got Monday WIDE open. ;)

    ReplyDelete