Sunday, January 29, 2012

Finally Finished Something


I've been knitting a sweater with this yarn longer than I have been a mother.  Yep, I'm that indecisive.  In my defense, though, the yarn (Jaeger Matchmaker 4-Ply) is yummy but an odd weight.  It is somewhere in between a lace weight and sport-weight and it took me a long time and a lot of false starts to find a pattern that worked, but find it I did, and I love the results.


The pattern is the Lace Saddle Tee from Interweave Knits Summer 2010.  The pattern is shown in a linen/cotton blend with short sleeves, but since my yarn was merino wool, I lengthened the sleeves to 3/4 length and it is a perfect "dead of winter" sweater for here in the southwest.  I made the smallest size (33 1/2 inch bust) and it fits well.  I was a little scared when I finished it that it would be snug, but a good washing/blocking smoothed out the much-frogged yarn and it fits well.  It even stood up to the grumpy-kids-hauled-to-Vigil-Mass test because Daddy had a race this morning, so I'm really pleased.

I went to cut out my Vogue 8379 and realized I didn't buy enough fabric, so I'll place an order for one more yard and wait anxiously for it to come.  Luckily there are enough small pieces that I won't get burned too badly by my cheapskate nature.  In the meantime, I've started goofing with some acrylic yarn from my very small stash to make a pillow cover similar to one of these from the latest issue of Country Living.  Don't ask me why I'm obsessed with it, but I am.

1 comment:

  1. Yippee for your new sweater! It's beautiful! Bummer about the fabric. :-( That pattern has a big ol' skirt, so you could always cut down some of the circle-ness of it.

    ReplyDelete