Thursday, January 12, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real} - The Craftastic Edition


round button chicken

I got a box of fabric from Gorgeous Fabrics the other day thanks to Jen, who gave me a gift certificate for my birthday.  It's pretty much been the highlight of my week!


{pretty}

I love this jersey, which is going to be a wrap dress from Vogue 8379.  The color is aubergine and it's a fabulous deep greyish purple.


{happy}
These two sweaterknits and a grey jersey will be tops of some sort, although I'm not sure quite what yet.  Sounds like a good excuse to search the web looking for cute tops.  If you need me,  I'll be on Pinterest :-)


{funny}
I scrubbed my tile floors downstairs yesterday.  Normally I just mop, but every now and then (not really often enough), I get down there on my hands and knees and get all the corners and baseboards.  Why funny?  Because I think it's funny (and more than a little sad) how happy it makes me to see my (relatively) pearly white baseboards.


{real}
I'm holding out my new dress project as a carrot for after I finish this sweater.  This is the sleeve that never ends.  I have 8 more lace repeats and if I could manage to knit more than two rows at night before I fall asleep, I might actually make some progress.

1 comment:

  1. Yea, I love that dress pattern! And I hope the "highlight of my week" comment is because of the awesomeness of new fabric and not the lameness of your week. :-D What a coincidence that I, too, scrubbed my baseboards today... just in the kitchen, though.

    ReplyDelete