Thursday, January 5, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real} - What We Did on our Christmas Vacation



round button chicken
 
We were lucky enough to have Daddy home with us for the past two weeks, so we got to have all sorts of Christmas and winter fun around here, even if we did have to drive 1.5 hours to find some snow!

{pretty}

Two handsome boys and a beautiful princess in (hopefully) the first of many mama-made holiday dresses.  I've been hoping for a girl ever since my oldest son told me at the ripe old age of not-quite-three that he didn't like the overalls I was making him for holidays.

{happy}


Aunt Jenny got Elizabeth a shopping cart for Christmas, thus putting her one step closer to world domination walking on her own and finally catching her brothers for a change.

{funny}

Last Thursday, we left our desert home and drove about 1.5 hours across town and up the largest nearby mountain to find snow.  Rather than storing sleds we use once a year (if that), we use the lids from underbed plastic boxes.  They look a little silly, but I at least get points for being thrifty, right?!

{real}

This was the view of my living room on Christmas night.  We are very fortunate to have grandparents who love their grandkids so much, but oh my!  We spent a day a few days later going through and organizing and donating toys, so it looks much better now.

1 comment:

  1. I love it all! My family room looked like that last pic for literally 5 days before I got my act together and cleaned up. :-)

    ReplyDelete