Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My First (and Probably Last) Sock Knitting

Behold my first, and as the title says likely last, pair of knit socks.  They are Hedera by Cookie A from Knitty.  The yarn is a sockweight superwash wool from Tucson Yarn Company, although I can't find the band to tell you exactly what it is.



I'm going to claim victory on this project, as I actually wore them when we went up the mountain to find snow the other day.  Yes, that's long underwear in the previous pictures - my legs are not (quite) that white!  They are pretty heavy, despite being made of sock weight yarn and lacy, so I don't know how many more pairs of socks I really need here in Tucson.  They were also REALLY fiddly and took way longer than I expected.  They turned out nicely, though, and fit well.

2 comments:

  1. Hate to think what those cost at your deserved SuperMom pay rate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for you! I've never tried socks. Definitely fiddly.

    ReplyDelete